It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Considers Push for U.N. Action in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

U.S. Considers Push for U.N. Action in Syria

online.wsj.com

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration is considering pressing the United Nations to pursue a "special inspection" of alleged Syrian nuclear sites, a senior U.S. official said Thursday, a move that could leave Damascus facing a Security Council reprimand if it doesn't comply.

The International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. nuclear watchdog, has repeatedly rebuked Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government in recent months for denying IAEA inspectors unhindered access to as many as five sites potentially tied to a covert nuclear-weapons program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com
www.jta.org

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here we go some more. UN. IAEA. Same drill...different country.

U.S. officials said Syria's lack of cooperation with the IAEA poses a major threat to the global campaign to contain nuclear weapons. But Washington wants to make sure a special inspection is the best tool to gain Damascus's cooperation and to maintain international unity, they say.

Unity. Mmm hmmm. We all know Syria has long been on the list for takeover on the path to Asia.

The U.S. Has to gain control over all Middle Eastern and Central Asian chokepoints (sea and water/natural gas/oil pipelines) to maintain hegemony.

Wonder if this has anything to do with recent headlines about Israelis spying for Syria and Israel fabricating charges against three men. (See additional news links.)

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is a related story about the relationship between the Arab countries and Iran. Israel is the enemy of their enemy, Iran. It's complicated.

The Enemy of My Enemy

And it also makes this so much more interesting: Poll: Arab majority believes nuclear Iran helps Mideast

[edit on 8/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And the noose gets tighter.

This is a friction point between two cultures (the M.E.), hence the 'heat'! Seems like a De fact o takeover of the region under the guise of the Nuclear threat.

Didn't Israel bomb suspected nuclear sites in Syria not too long ago?
The never ending drama of the Middle East.

Who didn't see this coming?

With the economic pressures, the maneuvers in the South China Seas, deploying of the Special Ops subs, oil tanker explosion....

How long before they let loose the Dogs of War?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How about a special UN inspection of confirmed Israel nuclear sites? Of Israel nuclear weapon depots? Oh yeah, Israel says no and they obviously have more influence in the world than the bloody UN

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Because Israel is an ally and beacon of democracy among a dark and savage region...
That usually the sort of response to anyone mentioning Israels nukes, funny that America is breaking both international and domestic law in arming Israel yet loves to throw the international law book at other countries.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The enemy of my enemy...

I do think this is reaction to the noose tightening. World opinion is not with Israel or the U.S. at the moment.

They've played the same games for too long, and this, along with Israel and the U.S. also recently giving Jordan similar grief about nuclear development, may be the clincher.

(Who's afraid of the Jordanian atom? )

So now it seems like the Arab nations are with Iran and in an odd way finally beginning to unify, more so than we've seen...erm...ever? That's been something missing in that region from the get go.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Didn't Israel bomb suspected nuclear sites in Syria not too long ago? The never ending drama of the Middle East.

You are right. They did get bombed. The drama will continue until one side is completely irradiated.

And these nuclear facility inspection requests are nothing more than a premonition of 'your countries days are numbered and you will be assimilated.'

If your country is not a player of the new world order, basically the country will be assimilated.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If Iran keeps gaining power in the Middle East, do you think they'll stay true to the Non-Aligned Movement, or cave eventually to the NWO? They clearly don't want any part of the U.S. hegemony. But what if that shifts to China or a combination of China and India?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
So now it seems like the Arab nations are with Iran and in an odd way finally beginning to unify, more so than we've seen...erm...ever? That's been something missing in that region from the get go.

I've been reading your posts, but I think you're missing the bigger picture. This isn't about Arabs, Persians or Americans in general; this is about left vs right, or in other words, freedom vs peace.

There has been an ideological war going on in the world ever since WWII. Now it is still the same division, but different flag carriers. Meanwhile, Russia sits back quietly and watches for weaknesses in Western idealism.

Seriously, the US isn't weighing options in the Middle East; they are considering global consequences. The world is on edge with itself and one more high-profile war will fling the sh*t at the fan. The US is only concerned if it has enough resources to fight human spirit, even if it is with dissent in their own ranks.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Israel also bombed the Osirak reactor in Iraq in June 1981, so maybe its a trend, Israel bombs up and coming nuclear reactors and years later the US attacks(bit of a strong word, but couldn't think of anything else).

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I've been reading your posts, but I think you're missing the bigger picture. This isn't about Arabs, Persians or Americans in general; this is about left vs right, or in other words, freedom vs peace.

I don't think I'm missing the bigger picture...just staying on a smaller topic about Syria and the ME, specifically, and the changes going on in the Arab nations. The geopolitics are of course much broader, involving arguably all nations if the balance of power should shift.

This is but another small step in attempting to counter and control relationships in the Middle East, while at the same time executing a long ago laid plan on the grander scale.

I'm not sure how you are using the concepts of left vs. right or freedom vs. peace, so I might need more explanation there.

But aside from that, it's about money and hegemony and a battle for it. Plain and simple. American interests.

There has been an ideological war going on in the world ever since WWII. Now it is still the same division, but different flag carriers.

What kind of ideological war? There's always an ideological war of one sort or another going on. Do you mean the aligned vs. the non-aligned nations? The nuclearly armed vs. the non-nuclearly armed nations?

Maybe it's ideological on the surface or for show or some people believe it is, but again, it's about hegemony, not any particular ideology. It only concerns ideologies when the ideologies can be pitted against each other or used as excuse on the quest for gain of power.

Meanwhile, Russia sits back quietly and watches for weaknesses in Western idealism.

Russia, along with China, and on a different level India. Of course they're watching. And subtly influencing and concerned. And as they watch, they are not expending their resources...political, economic, or natural. In fact, for China and India this is all about natural resources...oil, natural gas, and water...to feed their economic growth. And the Middle East and Iran control or stand in the way of most of the chokepoints. It is in their interest who controls those and that they are on the side of whoever wins that battle.

Seriously, the US isn't weighing options in the Middle East; they are considering global consequences.

They're doing both. These are not mutually exclusive. The immediate strategy is based on the Middle East, as it is the path to maintaining hegemony. Their only path really.

I will also add that there are two factions within the U.S. government involved here and warring with each other. That complicates things. One wants us out of the Middle East, and probably more involved in Asia, and the other is betting everything on success there.

The world is on edge with itself and one more high-profile war will fling the sh*t at the fan. The US is only concerned if it has enough resources to fight human spirit, even if it is with dissent in their own ranks.

If the U.S. gets further involved, the country will probably fall apart from within. And yes, there will be global involvement, with all the parties finally showing their hands to protect their own interests in the most expedient way.

If it doesn't get involved, then the world economic playing field will become more even and will eventually shift entirely. Toward Asia.

"To fight human spirit?"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cambion

It's all about patterns, isn't it?

Good catch.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Okay this is from a few years ago but just came across it, didn't know this myself

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cambion

Yep. They been playing these word games for a long time. Check out this thread of mine. I have more stuff to add, just haven't gotten to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A Security Council reprimand? Gee, that will scare them. How many does Israel have. Didn't seem to deter them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
S & F Lucidity.

This is seemingly a tactic to put pressure on Syria to split from Iran, to tell Syria that if they continue to be friendly with Iran they may be in the firing line too over a supposed "nuclear programme".

Regardless, in the event of a war with Iran, should Syria be allied, they may well be targeted as well, probably using events in Lebanon (Hezbollah) as a pretext.

Of course, the US administration, nor any previous one, does not seek the UN to inspect Israel's nuclear programme.

Which is proof that Iran and Syria's alleged nuclear programmes are not the real issue here, but Iran and Syria opposing the US-Israeli administrations and their TPTB backers.

This is the great game. The excuses for war being the cover story for any violence that will be unleashed.

Great thread Lucidity, it's important we keep tabs on things, keep up the good work.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

shadow government...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

There has been an ideological war going on in the world ever since WWII. Now it is still the same division, but different flag carriers. Meanwhile, Russia sits back quietly and watches for weaknesses in Western idealism.

Seriously, the US isn't weighing options in the Middle East; they are considering global consequences. The world is on edge with itself and one more high-profile war will fling the sh*t at the fan. The US is only concerned if it has enough resources to fight human spirit, even if it is with dissent in their own ranks.

You can't forget china in this, they're the ones gathering up all the raw resources they can get, especially the rarer metals, it's almost like every nation is preparing for world war three except America, who ofcourse is starting it

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Some countries are "special." Does Israel even belong to the UN

They're not real joiners...especially when it comes to control of nukes, eh? Well...for them anyway. They're special.

reply to post by Regensturm

Thanks, Regensturm. This whole nuclear issue is such a red herring.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join